Care for your furniture
To help you care for your furniture, please read this advice before use:
We see furniture as an investment which will provide many years of usage.
Wood displays many different textures and grain patterns as each piece can be cut in a different way. All timber and veneer surfaces change colour over time and it is important to bear this in mind when purchasing new pieces.
Keep your furniture out of direct sunlight if possible as well as at a distance from heating and air vents. Clean your furniture regularly to maintain it’s value and follow the grain of wood.
- Remember to keep checking your furniture to ensure you don’t miss any warping or discolouration.
- Dust with a damp cloth ensuring they are lint free.
- Do not use excess liquid to come into contact with the pieces as this can cause permanent damage.
- Do not use a strong detergent of abrasive cleaner as this will damage the paint and lacquer of the piece. (N.B. Spray cleaners contain silicone which may damage pieces over time)
- Cover all surfaces to protect them from heat and liquids: coasters and mats are recommended. When writing lean on something to prevent an imprint being left on the wood.
- Do not keep rubber, cork, vinyl or plastic materials on the wood finish as the chemicals may react with the finish.
- Avoid liquids coming into contact with the wood, immediately wipe with a clean, damp cloth.
- Be particularly careful with nail polish remover, hairspray, perfume, potporri and other solvents which will damage the surface.
How to be safe with your furniture:
- Always lift furniture carefully and use tow people where necessary.
- Make sure you have assembled each piece correctly; badly assembled furniture could be dangerous and damage the furniture itself.
- Check fixings from time to time to ensure they are secure.
- We will not accept responsibilty for any personal injury or damage caused by incorrectly assembled furniture.